The past year seemed short as we got busy building more than usual. Many things have changed in Pharo. Here are the highlights:
- The new modular Opal compiler is now the default compiler used in the system.
- The Athens vector graphics canvas is now integrated and it supports Cairo rendering on all platforms.
- Many tools have been rewritten using Spec, a new framework for building user interfaces.
- Versionner and Kommiter are two of the new development tools.
- RPackage, a new package mechanism got enhanced with tags and is fully integrated in the system.
- The debugger model was rewritten to become modular, the inspector received a bump to support multiple views, and the Nautilus code browser supports tags, search and lot more improvements.
- Morphic has seen many cleanings and improvements and the visual theme has been revamped.