The Macintosh operating system has always made it easy to capture a screen shot (an image of your computer desktop or an active window). Here’s a summary of all the methods you can use to capture your screen using Mac OS X.
- To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3.
- To copy the entire desktop, press Command-Control-Shift-3.
- To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4.
- To capture a specific application window, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Spacebar.
- Add Control to the two shortcuts above to place the screen shot on the clipboard instead of saving it to the desktop.